Sunburn can cause pain and discomfort and is a leading factor to skin cancer. It is important to keep your child safe and comfortable in the sun.
- Encourage your child to play in the shade during the strong midday sun, between the hours of 11am and 3pm.
- Keep babies under six months out of direct sunlight
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or above, even on cloudy and overcast days, and reapply it thoroughly throughout the day, especially after swimming
- Wear loose, comfortable, baggy clothes and a hat that will protect the back of the neck and ears
- Protect your child's eyes with sunglasses.